What do I need to work? Do I need a PPS number?

Whether you are from the EU or outside the EU, you will need a Personal Public Service (PPS) number to work in Ireland. You should have a job offer before applying. Go to ISI reception and tell the staff you wish to have a PPS number. You need:

  • Letter of Job Offer from employer
  • Letter from ISI confirming your course and ‘fixed’ address. Unfortunately, you cannot use your host family, hostel, or residence address as this is not ‘fixed’ or ‘permanent’.
  • Other proof of address, i.e. bank statement, telephone bill etc.
  • Passport
  • GNIB card (if any)