Erasmus+ Language Teaching Refresher Course
- 25 hours: General English 15 hours + 5 hours of Language Teaching Refresher Modules + 5 hours Technology in the classroom.
- Times: 8.00-9.00, 9.00 am to 12.15 pm and 12.25 to 1.25 pm.
- Suitable for B2 students and higher
The course is designed for participants to develop and consolidate their own language skills and strives to focus on aspects of teaching, communication, awareness of current trends of assessment, technology as well as addressing topics such as lesson planning and delivery, classroom management, utilising authentic materials and promoting learner autonomy.
General English: Testing and classing participants in the appropriate CEFR level, Orientation, Needs analysis, Setting learning outcomes, Language focus and language skills, Skills workshops, Assessment of learning and review of learning, One to one feedback at the end of the course, Certificate presentation
Specialised modules: Teaching a PPP lesson, Error correction: written and verbal, on the spot and delayed, Micro-teaching, Teaching pronunciation, Reducing TTT and increasing students’ collaboration, Promoting student autonomy, Using Realia and authentic materials in the classroom, Teaching grammar and vocabulary, Setting objectives, Lesson delivery, Adapting lessons, Feedback, Review of learning outcomes.
This course is suitable for:
Teachers of English in second level and adult education who wish to enhance their teacher experience with innovative teaching methods and experience new approaches for a modern classroom.
|Course + Transfer + Accommodation||Accommodation Supplement||Course Only|
|Tuition hours||Tuition hours||1 week||2 weeks||Jun.-Sept. 2022||1 week||2 weeks|
|Host Family – Half Board||25||795||1365||28||450||810|
|Residence – Self-catering||25||880||1535||65||450||810|
How to apply
- Applications must be made through your institution.
- Our legal name ISI Study in Ireland, our Erasmus OID: E10020271 and PIC: 905414103 must be used on the application.
- At the end of your English course we will also help you to complete the Europass Mobility documents.